The God of Love and Peace (2 Corinthians 13:11)

 

Saturday, June 22, 2024



Psalm 118:1-18

2 Chronicles 9:13-31

2 Corinthians 13



The God of Love and Peace (2 Corinthians 13:11)



Another day has dawned. We’ve rolled out of bed, made a hot drink, and are sitting around thinking about what is in store for the day. And we wonder: what is God’s plan for today?



God wants to be with us. This much we know; Jesus of Nazareth proved it. But if you’re anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for specifics.



Specifics are not necessarily something God is interested in. I often feel a bit like James Bond: kept on a “need to know” basis only.



But I also feel a bit like J. S. Bach, composer of “Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desire”. I get a bit of the Lord, and all it does is make me want more.



The apostle has some helpful words. I hunger for the God of love and peace to be with me. St Paul tells us how: rejoicing, restoration, comfort and peaceful living. If we do these things, the God of love and peace will be with us.



So, I’ll finish this hot drink, get up from my morning meditation, and go outside. I’m going to look for someone to rejoice with. And look for someone to comfort. And look for a relationship I need to restore. And look for somewhere to make peace. Because if we do these things, then the God of love and peace will be with us.



God of love and peace, I pray your good and gracious will on this day, and all my days to come. Put me amongst people with which I can do those things you so love to see me do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

“Short time or long – I pray to God not only you but all who are listening become like I am, except for these chains.”

Monday, September 19