My heart exults in the LORD.

 

Tuesday, June 6, 2023


Psalm 86

1 Samuel 1:21-2:11

Acts 4:23-31


My heart exults in the LORD.


My brain likes a good book, where the author adds a couple of obscure words that you know to make you feel smart, and a couple more that you don’t, so that you learn something. But my heart exults in the Lord.


My body likes a good long time in the yard, digging out thickets of weeds and giving the jungle a good trim. There is something spiritual in fulfilling the vocation given to our first ancestors to tame the wild earth. But my heart exults in the Lord.


My senses like a proper sit-down meal; picking out some really good ingredients, taking them home and cooking them just right. Sharing the experience with company is the bow tie that brings it all together. But my heart exults in the Lord.


Take everything away and my heart will exult in the Lord. Curse me with riches and my heart will exult in the Lord.


The Lord gives everything meaning, and makes everything worthwhile. My heart exults in the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

“Short time or long – I pray to God not only you but all who are listening become like I am, except for these chains.”

Monday, September 19