Wednesday, April 5, 2023

 

Wednesday, April 5, 2023


Psalm 88

Jeremiah 11:18-20

John 16:4b-33


Observance: Wednesday in Holy Week


A little while, and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, and you will see me.”


A little while for the kettle to boil. A little while for the car to warm up. A little while for the order to be cooked.


But with Christ, with whom every waking and sleeping moment is spent, there is no such thing as “a little while”. How can one even spend the time it takes to blink without Him? Christ, who holds my life, has to be here all the time, otherwise everything will fall apart.


Even though I do so many things that would push Him away; even though my actions speak hate against my heart’s desire to love, He holds me close: my brother, my friend.


I would go to the gates of hell with you, my captain. Test my will, and when I fail, test me again and again, so that I may have the chance to prove my love and obedience.


Praise be to the Father, who stays with Christ when I do not. Praise be to the Spirit, who helps me return to Christ when I leave Him. Praise be to the Son, who has led me out of death and hell and into life eternal.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, September 12, 2022

“Short time or long – I pray to God not only you but all who are listening become like I am, except for these chains.”

Monday, September 19